Upon your acceptance of our quotation (including amendments as specified by you in writing) we will endeavour to secure your bookings and provide you with documentation for the services detailed, subject to the following:
- a) We are agents and not the providers of the services and products supplied by airlines, tour operators, hoteliers, car rental providers and other services – “Service Providers”. All contractual arrangements for such services are supplied by us strictly as agents for and on behalf of the Service Providers and all documentation is issued by us subject to helloworld terms and conditions and also the terms and conditions of the Service Providers.
- b) What we supply to you is the arrangement and coordination of your travel and other services, the making of bookings, and issuing/supplying of tickets and vouchers to be redeemed by the Service Providers. We will exercise all reasonable care and skill in carrying out the above services and in the selection of the Service Providers.
- c) We acknowledge that we are bound by such of the statutory guarantees under the Consumers Guarantees Act 1993 as are applicable.
- d) When issued by each Service Provider, such Service Provider’s documentation and contract shall, unless inconsistent with the law of New Zealand, constitute the sole agreement relevant to the supply of the particular service or product and shall be governed by the terms and conditions of that Service Provider subject to the applicable law in the country in which it is supplied.
- e) We have no control over the products or services provided by Service Providers or the manner in which they are provided. We will nevertheless endeavour to ensure that they are suitable to meet the particular requirements you have made known to us.
- f) We cannot accept liability for loss of any kind which arises from any act, omission or default on the part of Service Providers. Neither can we accept responsibility for loss caused by Acts of God or force majeure such as (but not restricted to) weather or equipment disruptions, acts of government or other authorities, wars, hostilities, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, pilferage, medical or customs regulations or requirements.
- g) Travel is an individual experience and opinions and preferences differ from person to person. Individual satisfaction can be affected by many circumstances beyond our control (e.g. the weather) and we cannot necessarily be responsible if any aspect of your trip does not meet your expectations.
- h) We will take reasonable care and skill in selecting suppliers to ensure your safety and enjoyment but any adventure activity has some measure of risk and therefore all bookings are made on the condition that you will accept those risks and acknowledge that neither we nor any of our officers, employees, agents, subcontractors nor your fellow passengers shall be liable in any way for injury, loss, damage or claim of any kind to person or property, whether direct, consequential or compensatory, regardless of cause.
All prices are quoted in NEW ZEALAND DOLLARS .Our quote is subject to increases for various reasons, including without being limited to currency exchange variances and Service Provider price fluctuations, until the date of utilisation of the service. If you have paid a deposit we will contact you to advise you of such increases, and we reserve the right to collect the additional amount from you. In some cases, you can take advantage of price guarantee schemes to ensure that you are not liable for increases. Please consult us about the availability of such schemes. No items other than those specifically referred to are included. Extras not specified are to be paid for directly by you to the supplier and may include the cost of meals, laundry, telephone, insurance, sightseeing, taxes, gratuities, passport and visa fees. Any ticketable airport taxes or levies are included in our price; however, some countries require additional airport taxes and levies to be paid by you on departure.
A deposit of $200 per person( $1800 for escorted tours ) is required as confirmation of your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Once the deposit has been paid we will proceed to make the necessary reservations for you. The deposit is a part payment of the full price. Payment for your flights in your quote will require payment on confirmation. Certain suppliers may require an additional deposit or booking fee before they will accept the reservation. Where this is the case we will advise you. When we send you the confirmation we will advise you the schedule for the balance payment. Please note all payments once made are non-refundable/non-transferable .
Our prices are based on payment by cash or EFTPOS. Cheques will be accepted if payment is made at least 10 days before departure. Please advise us if you would like to pay by credit card as a service administration fee may apply.
This will be ordered once you have paid in full and is generally not available earlier than four weeks prior to your departure.
CANCELLATIONS & AMENDMENTS
Should you need to change or cancel your booking there may be charges associated with the extra work and time needed. In addition substantial fees may be charged by Service Providers and they will vary from one to another as well as depending upon the time at which you cancel or amend your arrangements. It may not be possible to amend or change some arrangements .
All payments received as per the schedule of payment are non-refundable / Non-transferabel
If, in the course of your trip you do have an experience which is not to your satisfaction, we strongly recommend that you immediately take the matter up with the Service Provider concerned. This provides the opportunity to have the matter discussed and investigated on the spot, and a remedy negotiated to enable you to continue enjoying your trip. While claims in connection with the services we provide will be governed by the laws of New Zealand, any claim or legal action against an overseas Service Provider will, in terms of their contract to supply, most likely be governed by the laws of their country. We have found from experience that it is difficult (in some countries impossible) to obtain redress once travel has been completed. Please contact us if you need to.
PASSPORT & VISA REQUIREMENTS
For all travel beyond New Zealand all travellers will require a valid passport. Please forward a copy of the photo page of your passport so that we can ensure that we spell your name correctly on your documentation, plus any visas including NZ re-entry. Many countries require your passport to be valid for more than six months beyond the expected date of your return, and for some countries you must have a machine-readable passport. Your passport should be in good condition as if it is damaged or excessively worn it may not be valid for travel. For some countries a valid visa will be required. If you are not on a NZ/Australian passport, you require a re-entry permit. You should check with the relevant consular offices as to the passport and visa requirements for your particular trip and your personal circumstances. Any criminal convictions or previous contagious diseases may affect your entry into certain countries. While we can assist, your passport and visa requirements are your responsibility.
USA ELECTRONIC VISA CLEARANCE:
Effective 12 January 2009 ‘USA Visa Waiver Programme’ travellers will be required to obtain a travel authorisation via an electronic system prior to boarding their aircraft or ship to travel to the U.S. This system will allow eligible travellers to visit the U.S. for business or pleasure for 90 days or less without first obtaining a visa. To apply you must visit the following website, answer all the required questions and submit your application for travel authorization. Should you require assistance from your travel consultant to obtain electronic authorization a service fee will apply. https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
Some countries require inoculations –please check with your doctor. While we can assist, this is your responsibility. If you are travelling with prescription medicines, you are advised to carry a letter from your doctor stating the details of your prescription.
www.safetravel.govt.nz www.flysmart.govt.nz www.passports.govt.nz
AIRLINE MILEAGE SCHEMES
Your airline membership numbers can be entered into your reservation. Please advise your helloworld consultant of your membership numbers. Please retain your boarding passes and ticket copies as a record to protect against the airline system not capturing your data correctly. These programmes are provided by the airline concerned and helloworld accepts no responsibility for default by the airline in honouring such programmes. Please note that not all airfares are eligible for points.
Please advise us of any special requests such as special meals and seating preferences. We will endeavour to make requests to Service Providers on your behalf, but cannot be responsible should your request (s) not be met.
We strongly recommend that you take a fully comprehensive travel insurance policy for your protection and peace of mind. Travel insurance will (subject to the insurance company’s policy conditions) include cover for cancellations due to unforeseen events, medical costs, luggage, money, rental car excess etc. The decision to take out such insurance and the amount of cover taken is entirely your decision. We suggest you ensure the policy commences when you make your first payment towards your holiday to ensure you receive the benefit of the cancellation and curtailment section of the travel insurance. We advise that there is no cover for carrier or agent default.