What Information we collect
We collect the following personal information from you, in the course of providing products and services requested by you.
- Telephone Number
- Age/Date of Birth
- Credit/debit card information
- Frequent Flier number, seating preference, dietary requirements in relation to your travel plans.
- Details of what services you need such as but not limited to flights, hotels, tours, car hire, other transportation,cruise etc.
- Identification details – including scan of passport
- With your consent medical information if you’re purchasing an insurance product from us.
- With your consent medical conditions, if it is required by a service provider/ tour operator to access suitability for a particular tour programme such as but not limited to trekking , mountain climbing , diving etc.
- We will also collect personal information of others on behalf of whom you are making a booking provided you have authorization to provide this information.
Information is collected when you make an enquiry on the website, when you email us, telephone us or we call you. Also when you, subscribe to our newsletter, participate in a promotion, fill up a form,request for a quote or make a booking.
Why we collect your personal information.
Personal information is collected in order to:
- To fulfil and deliver your travel requests.
- Recommend and provide information on travel related products and services.
- Make reservation with suppliers such as but not limited to tour operators, airlines,hotels, transportcompanies,on-line Travel Agencies,insurance companies, theme park operators, restaurants in relation to your travel request.
- To market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- Process payment to third party suppliers.
- To invoice you and process your payment to us in relation to your purchase.
- Manage your enquiry, complaints and for dispute resolution.
- To protect our legal rights & interests.
- For market research, analysis and/or training.
Who do we share your information with –
- Third party suppliers such as tour operators, airlines, hotels, transport companies, insurance companies, on-line Travel Agencies, theme park operators, restaurants for the fulfilment of the products & services that you have selected.
- Any other supplier those services may be required to fulfil your travel request.
- Third party suppliers may share your information with other suppliers for fulfilment of your travel requests,
- Insurance company in relation to an insurance claim.
- With the appropriate authority in relation to natural disaster.
- To Government agencies if required to do so by law.
We will not share you personnel information with a third party until or unless it is necessary for the delivery of services or products requested by you or you participate in any third party promotion on our website. Only information collected during promotion will be shared.
Protecting your personal information
- We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Correcting and accessing our personal information
- You have a right to access and correct the information we are holding about you subject to us verifying your identity. To exercise these rights you need to email us at info@journey2India.co.nz. If for some reason we are unable to comply with your full or partial request we will advise of our reasons for doing so.We reserve the right to charge you for the above service. If for some reason we are unable to comply with your full or partial request we will advise of our reasons for doing so.We reserve the right to charge you for the above service.